Thursday, July 7, 2011

Elliptical Machines: Good or bad?

Yesterday at the gym...

20 minutes of Fit Fix (weight lifting)
40 minutes on EFX Machine (Elliptical) ( ~400 cals burned)
1,710 calories consumed
3 L water consumed

So yesterday as I was exercising on the EFX machine I was thinking about whether I really am burning as many calories as it says I am. I often wonder about the accuracy of the calories burned readouts on any fitness machine. If someone is the same weight as me, but is not in very good shape, it's going to be harder for them to do the same time period on the machine at the same level. It doesn't ask you to enter in your height, just your weight and your age.

I wasn't really that sweaty. I was warm, but usually at the end of my stairmaster work outs I am dripping (gross, I know).

Last time I did the EFX, I pulled a muscle in my butt. That wasn't fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment