Well, after a wedding, and the holiday season where you party and eat crap, I made my return to the gym this week. Yep, even after that terrible session I had with that trainer in the beginning of December. Way to go me.
Here's how this week went so far:
Monday: went to the gym. Did 45 mins on the stairmaster at level 8, which just happens to be where I left off. I found it difficult and did have to level down to 7 in the last 8 minutes, because I thought I was going to barf. Finished off with some lunges, squats and abdominal exercise and a stretch. It's not the fit fix, but it's good enough, and like that trainer said, the fit fix isn't really going to do anything for me anymore because my body is used to the movements. I'm a big follower of Paul Plakas too, and he says that those isolating exercise machines really don't do anything for you and he figured they wouldn't even be in gyms anymore by now.
Tuesday: Rode the stationary bike for 40 mins. Did 10.6 miles of intervals on level 9. Ususally I do hill at level 11, but couldn't keep up with intervals at level 11. I was still pretty pleased with my output.
Wednesday: Body Attack class for 45 minutes. That was difficult. Lots and lots of lunge jump lunges and plyometric exercises. Ugh. I also slacked on the pushup track, but I was trying to remember what the trainer told me about doing pushups the wrong way. I was dropping my head. So I guess it's better to do less with proper form than more with crappy form. Still felt good after it was all over. My arms are a little sore today.
Thursday (today): Planning on riding the bike or doing the stairmaster again for about 40 mins. Won't know till I get there.
I'm also tracking my calories again. I'm trying to make myself more aware of what and when I am eating. Hopefully this will help me get back on track.
Thursday, January 20, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment